Last week, we had a team visit from Cedarville University. I was impressed. We get lots of teams, but when it comes to college aged teams, they were above average. So, I went on their website to check out what they were all about. They had several characteristics that they highlighted, but "Christ-centered" was the first and I like their approach. The first line is particularly telling on an organizational level and a challenge on a personal level.
Cedarville is Christ-Centered
Our faith is not a label or a surface treatment, it is our lifeblood and permeates all aspects of the university, its programs and its people. Missions and ministry are integrated into every facet of the Cedarville experience.
- Unwavering commitment to the inerrancy and authority of Scripture
- Creationist approach to scientific research and study
- Required Bible minor a part of all academic programs
- Daily chapels with relevant biblical teaching and authentic praise
- Discipleship groups that provide opportunities for Bible study, mentoring, accountability, prayer, and open discussion
- Missions and study abroad opportunities that reach nearly every corner of the world