Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"New Thing Tired"

Maybe you can relate? I remember the first 2 weeks of a new semester in college were always rough. For some reason, I was always so tired and tired in kind of a funny way. The same thing always happened at the beginning of a school year when I was teaching. I think it is some kind weird kind of tired that I will call "new thing tired." Anyways, after just 3 weeks away, I feel like we are experiencing that kind of "new thing tired." Maybe we could blame it on the heat, maybe on trying to get back into a routine, or maybe on the travel. I guess it doesnt matter, it is a reality. Other than this tired monkey on our backs, our transition back has been going well. Our kids are still battling some bugs but are hopefully on the mend. Drew went back to school today and was showing some signs of "new thing tired" as well. We are going to try to keep plugging along until this thing is no longer new and then we will find something new on which to blame our fatigue.

1 comment:

Mouseymom said...

ha! I suscribe to the same theory but have not ever been clever enough to name it! I usually say,"most transitions are exhausting for the first 3 weeks.." now I will call it new thing tired. thank you for easing my life. Every time we have gotten a new and hard allergy diagnosis for solomon, I remind myself of this theory and trust that it will get easier as I get used to it!